October 17, 2011

{Ivy and Marigolds}

Hello Guys and Dolls!

This is my 60th post! I'm so excited, I love writing this blog and I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it. I just checked my stats and I've got 8500 pageviews- so close to 10,000 and it's not even 6 months! Thank you all sooo much for the support and I do hope you continue to read my blog. If you would like, you can follow the blog - by clicking the "Join This Site" button, right on top of my "Followers" widget on the right hand sidebar.

Anyways, my friend Laura and I took a little stroll recently and we took pictures - it was a beautiful Fall day and we were on a thrifting trip so we had plenty of time to stop and click a few.



Meet my lovely friend, Laura. You probably saw her featured here. Doesn't she look amazing, blending in with the colorful ivy but still standing out? I swear, she leads a double life and is actually a high-paid model. No, I just made that up, but I digress. Laura is wearing faded blue bootcut jeans with slightly ripped detail. She has on a black tee and a floral tunic/dress layered over it. What I love about this look is that it allows you to wear your summer pieces a little longer and it's a great way to change it up a bit. I think it works really well here.



Did I mention this lady is gorgeous! I love how the reds in her hair, nails, tunic and lipstick all fuse with the ivy leaves in this picture - definitely one of the best pictures I've taken :)


This was supposed to be a nice picture, but good old Grand Forks wind nearly blew me away!



I didn't take a lot of pictures of myself but I'm going to do a better job of it since I'm trying to make the blog more personal. I love fall colors -everything is just so magical! I'm wearing a pair of grey jeans I got from Sri Lanka (gifted by my uncle); a basic black v-neck from Forever 21, white open-front cardigan from Wet Seal, a tropical bead necklace I bought during a trip in Florida and a thrifted gold-tone necklace with a rose motif. I am also wearing Minnetonka Moccasins in grey.  I really loved this outfit and it had just the right mix of comfy and chic, but the pictures don't do it justice. I will recreate the look and take more detailed pictures :)


I love this picture, everything about it really. The bright green grass, the tiny yellow-gold leaves sprinkled all over it, the shadows of the tree in the brilliant sunlight - all of it.



Gotta love mother nature. We so often just overlook the little things only to realize that if we open our eyes - there are miracles happening every second of every day, if we choose to see them.





As always, I would love to hear your feedback/suggestions on writing, photography, everything and anything.

Happy Monday!

xo,
Chrissy

4 comments:

  1. Chrissy, your hair looks gorgeous as does the rest of you. :) Love your writing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laura - as are you :) And I'm glad you do, follow my blog! Click, "Join This Site" :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great photos! I'm so glad we were able to connect on ifb - Great blog!

    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/2681061/blondehaus

    ReplyDelete