November 12, 2011

Personal Style: { Plaid and Grey }

I can't wait for the holidays. This semester has been the toughest one yet and now I'm sick to top it all off. I got tested for mono, but turns out it's not. But I still have bronchitis. So I'm just in my room, curled up in a blanket and sipping on hot water and tea. Thank God for the internet. Here's an outfit I wore not too long ago:
Plaid always makes an appearance in fall/winter collections and a staple in any preppy wardrobe. But there are ways to wear plaid that's not too stuffy. But first, please stay away from the schoolgirl look because that's just tacky - unless it's Halloween... or you are actually trying to look like a schoolgirl.

I wore my plaid skirt with a clingy yet roomy dolman top and added an ethnic necklace to make the look more casual than classroom. I also included slouchy boots and tights for warmth. You can also incorporate plaid into your wardrobe by wearing a shirt, scarf or even a satchel.



Outfit:
Grey dolman sleeve blouse - bought in Sri Lanka
Plaid Skirt - Ralph Lauren
Sheer Tights - Worthington, JC Penney
Boots - Target
Necklace - Bought on a trip to India


 
 
xo,
Chrissy

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!