March 11, 2012

Personal Style: { Boyfriend } Blazer


I think it's safe to say that spring is on its way (fingers crossed). It was a beautiful 50 degree sunny day and I loved every minute of it. So I upped the chic factor on the basic jeans and tee look by adding a boyfriend blazer, pointy-toed heels and a clutch. All in black. A little bit of red lipstick finished the look. I got the whole thing together in under 10 minutes so it's definitely something to remember when you want to jump straight out of bed and out the door.

P.S. The boyfriend blazer is custom-made from Hameedias in Sri Lanka. They are a great tailoring company but they don't do suits for women - my dad and I walked in one day and I asked them to make me a blazer and a black skirt. They took my suggestions and did a great job. Tailoring is so important in order to look well-fitted and put-together. Don't be afraid to ask your tailor for exactly what you need.

Outfit:
Jeans - Macy's
White tee- from my boyfriend's closet (thanks baby!)
Boyfriend Blazer - custom made Hameedias, Sri Lanka
Heels - Unknown brand, bought in Sri Lanka
Faux croc clutch - Target
Ring - gift
  
  Watch out for the first post of The Sisterhood Series in the next couple of days!

XOXO-Chrissy

2 comments: