April 28, 2014

{Shop} Warby Parker

I've had to wear glasses since I was about 6 years old, and because of that I have a huge appreciation for stylish, yet functional sunglasses and reading glasses. I've seen a couple of ads for Warby Parker and I remember thinking to myself, "hmm, I must get my hands on this brand." Since it's beginning in 2010, Warby Parker focuses on high-quality prescription glasses and sunglasses that are both incredibly stylish and affordable. As if that wasn't enough, for every pair of glasses sold, the company's Do Good Program gives a pair of glasses to someone in the world who doesn't have access to them. This is important to me, because coming from South Asia, I have seen how people with low incomes have had to go without prescription glasses because they couldn't afford it or had no access to free services.

Needless to say, I am sold. And while I wait for my test frames to be delivered to my doorstep thanks to their Home Try-On program (free shipping and returns!), I decided to style some summer outfits featuring some fab Warby Parker glasses. 

Summer Relaxed Work Outfit
{Created by Silk and Spice}

Look 1: For a polished, yet fun look, the Downing sunglasses in Walnut Tortoise does the trick. These sunglasses are perfect to finish off a fun summer work outfit like this one. The simple, yet comfy shift dress and roomy tote bag are given more structure with a waist-cinching belt and classic watch. Coral pumps and refined shades add some fun to the overall look. Note how the silhouettes still stay refined enough for work. I would wear this outfit to a work lunch, and it will even do nicely for after-work fun in the evening!

Summer Shorts and Sunnies
{Created by Silk and Spice}

Look 2: This look has a boho feel with the bright shorts, colorful accessories and fringe. The Dean sunnies in English Oak make a statement in this outfit because it is bold but also classic. I really like how it goes so well with the tusked necklace to give off a safari vibe. 

Look 3: For this look, I paired printed high-waist shorts with a flouncy crop top. For accessories I went with neutrals in shades of brown. The heel and bag makes the outfit look dressier. This is a polished, yet playful outfit which I think the Dean sunnies compliment very well. The classic frame is nicely offset by the fun gold tones and it does a good job adding some oomph.

Weekend Chic
{Created by Silk and Spice}
Look 4: To stay chic when you leave the house during the weekend, throw on a pair of sweatpants, a tank top and an un-buttoned chambray shirt. Add some wedge sneakers and a satchel with a pop of neon pink for an easy time of running errands. Finally, take a break from your contacts with these geek-chic Roosevelt glasses in Revolver Black Matte. And Voila! You have your weekend uniform.

So what are you waiting for? If you want stylish eye-wear for a fraction of the cost, and feel good about supporting a company that cares about the less fortunate, then head over to Warby Parker and start shopping!

Here's to seeing through new lenses,
xoxo - Chrissy

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!