October 27, 2012

Personal Style: { Chambray for Work }

 

My Outfit:
Dress- Odel, Srilanka (Gift) / Wedge heels - old / Blazer - Old Navy
Ring - Thrifted

I wore this outfit (not too long ago) to work on a late summer day. The chambray sundress is a gift from my boyfriend, and I wore a grey and white striped blazer over it to keep it work appropriate, yet soft for the weather and season. I added African inspired wooden wedge heels with bead and cut out details. The neutral color kept things simple and elongated my legs (while still being really comfortable to wear and walk in!). The bright purple dome ring was a fun extra.

If you live in a warm climate, don't dismiss sundresses as being only for play. Make it work for the office by adding a blazer or a cardigan, add some accessories and you're good to go. Remember to keep your outfit, simple and flowy, yet structured (which is where the blazer comes in handy). Have fun!

XOXO - Chrissy

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!