June 14, 2012

Personal Style: { Red Denim } Katie Holmes Outfit Inspiration

I saw this outfit on Katie Holmes while randomly surfing the internet. I really like how it's put together - very casual and comfortable, which is what I'm going for most of the time. It also seems a little dressy because of the red pants, but nevertheless, I wanted to give it my own twist and make it work for my needs.
I really love the ease of pairing a chambray shirt with red skinnies, but I had to be dressed up that day, so I made a few changes. I added a faux-pearl necklace over the collar for some interest and wore my hair down (because I felt like it!). I stuck with tan shoes like Katie Holmes did but instead of casual flats, I wore preppy loafers.

My Outfit:
Chambray shirt - Gap
Necklace - (old) bought in Sri Lanka
Jeans - Walmart
Ring - Gift from Mom
Shoes - Aerosoles

Have you ever looked at a celebrity's outfit and said, 'hmm, I'd like to wear that?' Well, maybe you should give it a try - and don't be afraid to change it up to suit your needs and style. I would love to know if you've done this before so please tell me in the comments section and share pictures if you like!

XOXO,
Chrissy

4 comments: