June 18, 2012

Personal Style: { Monochromatic }

 
I wanted to dress for my inner New Yorker (I wish) so I wore head-to-toe black. I'm a big believer in dressing for the time and place and this being Grand Forks in the summertime, I had to add little bits of white to the outfit. The block of white in my top, the necklace and ring along with the quirky polka dot earrings take just enough away from this otherwise all-black ensemble. The result is polished and put together - while still giving off big city girl vibes with a touch of playfulness (at least I think so!)

Wore this outfit to work - our dress code is business casual, so it keeps things fun and interesting while still having room for a little creativity. 


My Outfit:
Leggings - Forever21, Necklace - Body Central, Ring - from mom
Ankle Boots - Liz Clairborne, Blazer - Hameedias, custom-made(!!!)
Purse -Miu Miu (scored it for free!!)

Do you feel comfortable wearing head-to-toe black? How about going tonal with other colors? Sound off in the comments below :)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!