May 1, 2012

Personal Style: { Camouflage } Neon and Neutral


First off, my outfit blending in to the background here was totally unintentional - but I like it! Neons are back this season but the question is, how do you wear it without a bad flashback to the eighties? I like bright colors and bold prints but when it comes to neon I'm a little cautious. I don't want to overpower my look and yes, there is such a thing as too loud. 

Neon is a very in-your-face attention grabbing color so I used my high-liter yellow top with an all grey ensemble to keep things current yet toned down. I added the military vest for some structure because I felt the top was swallowing me. It was quite windy outside so I added my grey moccasins and finished off with a black crossbody bag slung casually on my shoulder. I wore this outfit for a day of thrifting and hanging out at the local library.

My Outfit:
Neon top: Forever 21
Grey vest and jeans: Bought in Sri Lanka
Shoes: Minnetonka Moccasins
Bag: Target


Tell me, have you tried the neon trend? What's your favorite way to wear neon?
xoxo,
Chrissy

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!